Information We Collect
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the web site, read pages or download information, our web site’s operating system will automatically record some general information about your visit. During your web site visit, our web servers will record:
- The internet domain for your internet service such as “Xcompany.com” or “Xcompany.net” if you use a private internet access account or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a college or university domain.
- The type of browser (such as Netscape version X” or “Internet Explorer version X”) that you are using.
- The type of operating system that you use (such as Macintosh, Unix or Windows).
- The date and time you visit our site and the web pages that you visit on our site.
- The address of the previous website you were visiting if you linked to us from another web site.
- This tracking system does not record information about individuals. We use this information for statistical analysis to help us make our site more useful to visitors. This information is not reviewed on an individual basis but is aggregated with information from other users for comparison purposes.
No other information is collected through our web site except when you deliberately decide to send it to us:
- An email with your name, email address and the content of your email and/or
- You complete on line forms which you choose to fill in and confirm.
If you choose to pay fees or purchase items on line through an authorized commercial site (such as PayPal) via lakotaeastbands.org or lakotawestbands.org, you will be asked for your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card number, expiration date and other information necessary to complete the credit card transaction. Lakota Upbeat Club, Inc., is not responsible for credit card information collected while on these sites. These sites do not share this credit card information with Lakota Upbeat Club, Inc.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
The Lakota Local School District is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of lakotaeastbands.org and lakotawestbands.org.
- The information or opinions on lakotaeastbands.org and lakotawestbands.org do not necessarily represent the views of the Lakota Local School District.
- The District does not control and cannot guarantee the relevance, timeliness or accuracy of the materials on these sites.
- Links to these web sites from the Lakota Local School District web site, lakotaonline.com, are provided for user convenience, and the links do not imply District endorsement or approval of the material or the responsible party.
As a booster organization in support of the Lakota band program, the Lakota Upbeat Club, Inc., complies with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), which prohibits the release of personal information and education records without parent permission. A student’s name, photo, video and grade level may be displayed on our web sites unless the student’s parent or guardian has made a FERPA request to keep this information confidential. Such a request can be made to: Chairman, Lakota Upbeat Club, Inc., P.O. Box 1637, West Chester, OH 45071-1637 Confidential information may only be posted online if it is protected by a password or other security measure(s) making the information accessible only by the parent or the student.
Links to Other Sites
Our policy discloses the privacy practices of lakotaeastbands.org and lakotawestbands.org. These sites may provide links to other web sites that may be of interest to students and parents involved in our band program. When you leave lakotaeastbands.org or lakotawestbands.org, you will be going to sites that are beyond our control. These other sites may collect data or solicit personal information from you or your children. The privacy policies and procedures described for Lakota Upbeat Club web sites do not apply to any external links. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any site(s) you link to from our site, especially if you share any personal information. Web pages posted on this server contain hypertext links to pointers to information created and maintained by other public and private organizations. These links and pointers are provided for the user’s convenience. Lakota Upbeat Club, Inc., does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of this outside information. Further, the inclusion of links or pointers to particular items in hypertext is not intended to reflect their importance, nor is it intended to endorse any views expressed or products or services offered on these sites or the organizations sponsoring the sites.
Lakota Upbeat Club, Inc., may amend this policy from time to time. Lakota Upbeat Club, Inc., will prominently display on our web sites any substantial change in the way we use your personal information. For more information about the statement described above, please contact: Chairman Lakota Upbeat Club, Inc. P.O. Box 1637 West Chester, OH 45071-1637 firstname.lastname@example.org