Archive for October, 2012
- All students in Symphonic Band & Symphonic Winds are required to attend 3 games as part of thier 2nd & 3rd Quarter Grades
- Students unable to attend their assigned game must find an suitable alternate
- Students may attend as may games as they wish for enrichment points
- Students are required to stay for the entire game to receive credit
- Report time for Pep Band is 6:00pm
- Games are usually completed by 9:00pm
- Freshman are NOT required to attend Pep Band, but may do so for Enrichment Points
- Pep Band Master List 12-13 (pdf)
|Date||Day||B/G||Opponent||Pep Band #||Report Time|
|Dec 4, 2012||Tuesday||Boys||Western Hills||3||6 PM|
|Dec 7, 2012||Friday||Boys||Colerain||2||6 PM|
|Dec 12, 2012||Wednesday||Girls||Colerain||1||6 PM|
|Dec 21, 2012||Friday||Boys||Mason||Alumni/ Bonus||6 PM|
|Jan 3, 2013||Thursday||Girls||McNick||3||6 PM|
|Jan 4, 2013||Friday||Boys||Fairfield||1||6 PM|
|Jan 8, 2013||Tuesday||Boys||West||1||6 PM|
|Jan 9, 2013||Wednesday||Girls||West||2||6 PM|
|Jan 11, 2013||Friday||Boys||Princeton||3||6 PM|
|Jan 29, 2013||Tuesday||Boys||Hamilton||2||6 PM|
2012 Marching Band Concert
Thursday, November 1st, 2012
7:30pm Eastside Gym
5:30 Report time to set up the gym
7:00 Get Dressed
7:25 Inyour seat ready to start
7:30 Show Starts
- Make sure you have ALL of your music for the concert. DO NOT trust your memory!!
- The concert will be recorded by Tri-State Productions and will be available for purchase after the concert.
- Rememeber to bring your black socks and shoes
- You WILL NOT wear HATS or GLOVES!
- The gym needs to be cleared of chairs and stands following the concert.
Saturday, November 3, 2012
The Marching Thunderhawks will travel to Springboro on Saturday, November 3rd, 2012 to cheer on the Varisty Football Team as they make their first playoff appearance in school history.
- 2:30 School Opens
- 2:45 Report Time
- 3:00 Rehearsal
- 4:30 Dinner (EVERYONE MUST BRING $5 CASH FOR DINNER)
- 5:15 Load Truck & Get Dressed
- 5:45 Depart East for Springboro
- 6:15 Arrive at Springboro
- 7:00 Game Starts
During Halftime we will perform the Freshman Night Music and perhaps one other tune. You need to have flip folders for the game! The following LINK will take you to the “music” page where you can print the freshman night music.
If you are UNABLE to attend the game please fill out this form so that we can plan the half-time show. THIS FORM MUST BE FILLED OUT BY 3:00pm on WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2012!!!
All parkas must be hung up to dry! Turn the parka inside out on Saturday night to make sure the inside is dry by Sunday. Parkas may be put in the dryer, inside out, on low heat, if needed.
Uniforms must be hung up, NOT in the garment bag, to dry. Hang jacket and pants separately if they are really wet. Do NOT put the uniform in the dryer. Hang the jacket and pants correctly on the uniform hanger and put in the garment bag to return on Sunday.
Please make sure all other uniform parts are dried out. The hat and gauntlets should not be put in the hat box until they are completely dry. Lay the gauntlets flat to dry. Wipe the hat dry inside and out with paper towels or a soft cloth. Lay out your shoes and gloves out to dry too.
VERY IMPORTANT – Turn in the parka (put on the correct bag in the hallway) and uniform (hang in your uniform box) BEFORE you go out to the field for rehearsal on Sunday!