Archive for July, 2012
It is hard to believe that we start the 2012 Marching Band Season 1 week from today. We are excited to get things rolling, but where did the summer go? Just wanted to call your attention to a few things before we start next Monday.
1. All of music for the season is posted on our website. We expect that ALL students print their part and bring it with them to every rehearsal. A three ring binder is a great way to organize all the music. We will have a few extra parts on hand in case you have printing problems at home. Music can be found HERE.
2. The 2012 Marching Band Handbook is posted online. It includes the band camp schedule. PLEASE READ IT and then PRINT & SIGN the two contract sheets on pages 20 & 21. Please send those in with your son/daughter on Monday, July 30th. Handbook can be found HERE.
3. Medical & Medication Information — PLEASE CAREFULLY READ this portion of the handbook because the policy and procedure is significantly different from previous years!
4. FORMS THAT NEED TO BE TURNED IN DURING PRE-CAMP
- Lakota Emergency Medical Form , it can be found HERE.
- Marching Band Contract/Lakota BOE Substance Abuse Guidelines for Marching – found in Handbook
- Marching Band Uniform Contract – found in Handbook
5. Any remaining payments for Marching Band can be sent in with your son/daughter next week.
6. North Coast Trip additional cost $50 (October 12-14, 2012)
- Every attempt was made to keep the additional cost of this trip to a minimum.
- Students will receive transportation, two nights lodging with breakfast, and admission into two parks.
- More detailed information about the trip and fee payment deadline will be coming soon
- 7. We have decided NOT to do a full band activity on the evening of Sunday August 5th.
8. Just a reminder about the sectional schedule for pre-camp from 1:00-3:00.
- Each section will have a section lunch before the sectional.
- Monday — Leadership Team Session with Fran Kick
- Tuesday — Mellophone, Clarinet & Percussion
- Wednesday — Trombone, Baritone, Flute & Percussion
- Thursday — Sousaphone, Alto, Guard & Percussion
- Friday — Trumpet, Tenors
9. Rehearsal Attendance — ALL rehearsals need to be a family priority. Please reference the attendance policy in handbook. NO ABSESNCES DURING BAND CAMP FOR ANY REASON PLEASE!
10. WHAT TO BRING/WEAR ON MONDAY:
- Giant Water jug (64oz.)…we’ll provide ice & water!
- Hat or visor
- Light summer clothing. (Follow the Lakota Schools dress code).
- T-shirts with sleeves must be worn
- Shirt and shorts must meet, no bare skin should be visible on the abdomen.
- Thick cotton socks
- Tennis shoes — NO SANDELS!
Happy July, hope are enjoying the summer! The Liberty Township 4th of July parade is THIS Wednesday. Report time for the band is 9:30am at East. Parade starts 10:00am at East and ends at the YMCA. Kids should wear their band shorts and last years show shirt. Rookies wear your new rookie day shirt. Remember, no jewelry or sunglasses and such. We will play ONLY the fight song C to the end. See you on Wednesday.